Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
United States - SC - Fountain Inn
- Directs the process of material flow and material storage.
- Communicates with customers internal/external on regular basis or to inform them of issues affecting their business.
- Trains and develops staff to ensure they are utilizing the most efficient methods and systems applications provided.
- Oversees receiving of materials and inbound material activities
- Holds staff accountable to accuracy and resolves discrepancies; evaluate and report significant inventory variance, supports root cause analysis and corrective action for inventory discrepancies
- Manage warehouse to insure utilization of space and material flow is efficient for the facility; manage and monitor maintenance of storage and holding areas to ensure product is secure and properly identified; manage and maintain accurate location listings and communicate to staff
- Manage enforcement of methods and policies ensuring the most efficient and economical transport of all materials in and out of the plant per established routings, frequencies and modes
- Enforce utilization of Quality and MPL procedures to increase efficiency and affect change through work instructions, records and training
- Manage Shipping Standard as required by BOS
- Manage and communicate contingency plans for work flow changes as necessary on an on-going basis for prevention plan for timing issues
- Communicate all changes to staff members to ensure engagement and comprehension
- Supervises subordinates in essential functions and ensure departmental compliance of all company policies/procedures and customer mandates
- Audits subordinates and their work areas to ensure employee safety and housekeeping
- Acts as catalyst for continuous improvement of all materials systems processes and procedures
- Develops and implements visual inventory management systems on the production floor.
- Lead effort to organize visual inventory systems on the shop floor and maintain BOMs/part set up in crib management systems
- Auditing product identification and inventory location program
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) or equivalent; or three to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- APICS certification preferred
- Previous management experience preferred
- Able to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Ability to completely all necessary tasks before end of shift
- Ability to lead others and ensure customer requirements are met
- Accurate Document Control
- Able to process time sensitive information and orders to meet deadlines
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to accurately communicate with internal/external customers, co-workers and management
- 3 to 5 years of supervisory/management experience in manufacturing, production planning, warehouse/logistics or supply chain management
- Previous experience in an automotive industrial materials group, preferred
- Working knowledge of MFG PRO/QAD, MS Office, Word, Excel, and email
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills required