Toyota Door Panel Lead Engineer
United States - MI - Novi
As a Lead Product Engineer, you will lead onsite customer
engineering interface to understand product requirements and timing
expectations with multiple departments.
- Lead day to day activities of onsite and back office
simultaneous development team.
- Assess component and system performance to requirements using
calculations, CAE, prototyping, and ED/DV/PV testing.
- Develop and maintain tactical plans to track project status
and ensure that Engineering deliverable timing obligations are met.
- Apply tools such as DFMEA and DRBFM, and provide support to
PFMEA, to identify and address areas of design risk.
- Identify and address issue root cause using analytical skills
such as A3, KT, and 5-Why analysis to drive Lean Engineering and PDCA.
- Apply knowledge of plastic part design and injection-molding
to design concepts. Lead global design team in developing 3D CAD models and 2D
- Maintain project budgets and meet budget expectations. Provide
accurate product and ED&D estimates in support of quotes.
- Work with suppliers to acquire part data, samples, and quotes
as necessary and own supplier relationship for engineering work, including
drawings, CAD models, and appropriate analysis.
- BSME and minimum 10 years of experience in automotive
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Toyota or other Japanese
- JOEM & Toyota experience is required
- Knowledge of design for plastics assembly; screwing, staking,
welding, laminating, wrapping.
- Knowledge of plastic part design for injection molding.
- Knowledge of Injection Mold Tooling (gates, parting lines,
action, etc.) as it relates to part design.
- Plastic resin and materials selection knowledge as related to
- Dimensional management and tolerancing experience. Ability to
develop component and sub-assembly GD&T tolerancing and tolerance stack-up
studies in support of manufacturing & craftsmanship goals.
- Shown ability to communicate in a professional and encouraging
manner in a team environment and directly to the OEM. Identify and address
issues in a direct, “data-driven” manner.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic. Ability to lead multiple
tasks at a time.
- Available to travel and work at Customer site in Ann Arbor
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able
to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below
are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.