Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
United States - MI - Novi
This position functions as a Test Technician within our Engineering Validation team. This team member will be responsible for utilizing lab equipment, software and hardware to run tests that evaluate and/or validate interior products for use. This position ensures that these tests are conducted safely, efficiently, correctly, and in accordance to published and/or provided specifications and requirements.
- Setup and execute requested tests according to approved test plan.
- Responsible for test instrumentation set-up, calibration, and usage.
- Responsible for programming and running of functional or trim durability tests.
- Setup and usage of electronic programmable controllers.
- Setup and usage of environmental chambers.
- Install test equipment for tests such as measuring systems, test devices
- Document all test relevant data in an appropriate form (photos, video, measurement data…)
- Maintenance documentation; meet the maintenance schedule of the test equipment is up to date.
- Continue improvement of the work procedures for the applicable test equipment
- Usage of Data Acquisition system to collect test data
- Use only calibrated measuring and test equipment
- Own responsibility for carrying out of tests
Required Education and Experience:The ideal candidate would have a minimum of an associates degree in an engineering or technical field as well as a minimum of one year of experience performing tests of materials or automotive products.Apply online now