Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Technical Manager Manufacturing Engineering
United States - MO - Riverside
Drives activities of technical team to achieve continuous improvement of injection molding and manufacturing processes. Works with production management, quality control, and maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify process activities to support customer requirements. Implements new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and effect greater utilization of labor and materials. Responsible for participating in the development of all new products that are received by the plant. Receives hand-off from the launch TE and transfers teams and owns production processes.
Essential Functions of Job:
Supervisory Capacity: Direct Reports: 6-10
- Responsible for all plant engineering functions including manufacturing engineering, process engineering, tooling, facility and equipment maintenance.
- Leads and drives activities related to continuous improvement (e.g., cycle times, scrap, quality, material cost reduction, regrind implementation, etc.).
- Reviews and establishes contingencies / justifications for Capital Appropriation Requests, department budgets, and personnel salary plans.
- Develops plans for process improvement and will have specific areas of accountability in its execution.
- Provides support on new product launch tooling, providing the manufacturing input for development of new process and improvements to existing processes and tooling.
- Ensures new tools and processes from launch team are ready for production and ensures smooth execution in operations.
- Direct all engineering and maintenance functions in the plant, assigns responsibilities and ensure compliance to expectations of performance.
- Develop personnel in technical execution, planning, and decision making to positively impact business financials.
Additional Responsibilities: (List other duties performed by position)
- Mentoring/Coaching through group communication and 1on1’s.
- Influences supporting groups and operations.
- Enforce safety rules daily and actively intervenes to correct unsafe actions and conditions.
- Conducts daily observations of PPE use and safe work practices adherence and coach employees as needed.
- Any and all other duties as assigned by manager.
Required Education Level
Bachelor's Level Degree
Area of Study: Engineering, Technical Engineering or similar.
*Equivalent work exper