Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
The Technical Manager
is responsible for supporting the plant and customer through effective
management of new programs, plant projects and implementation of improvement
and cost reduction suggestions. Develops
assembly, process, fixturing and equipment to ensure high quality and cost
effective production. Assure design
changes are implemented in a timely, cost effective manner. Supervise/Manage Maintenance, Engineering,
and Molding personnel.
1. Support plant safety programs by
ensuring engineering support is involved with the implementation into the
2. Manages the quoting and
implementation of product/process design changes
3. Support VA/VE activities by ensuring
the Manufacturing Engineering is represented at all trials, approvals, and
implementation dates are achieved
4. Develops annual budgets and schedule
for purchase burden, labor, and equipment
5. Supervise maintenance supervisor,
process engineer, and manufacturing engineers
6. Manage all facilities activities at
7. Reviews the job performance of each
subordinate so that employee training and development may be utilized per
8. Conformance to all BOS and TS
requirements applicable to position
9. Responsible for promoting a safe work
environment and preventing injuries through the use of, but not limited to, 5S,
job rotation, and ergonomic work practices.
Safety auditing, tracking or audit closure, participating in incident
reviews along with writing or assisting in the 8D process and aiding in
corrective action closure. Communication
of safety information as necessary and participation in safety meetings and
activities is also required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of automotive experience in an Engineering role.
- Prior management/supervisory experience is preferred.
- Ability to plan, organize, communicate, and motivate employees, as well as prioritize own work schedule.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand necessary safety procedures and precautions.
- Proven leadership skills.