Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Technical Engineering Manager
The Manufacturing/Technical Manager
leads the Technical Side of the Operation including all Engineering
(Manufacturing, Process, and Industrial) and Technical Support Functions (e.g.
Maintenance, Tooling, Special Projects, etc.). This also includes, but is not limited to, Current
Production, Product Launch, Process Launch, and Technical Strategy.
- Responsible for technical related continuous improvement and all
Engineering KPI’s listed in the Manufacturing excellence glide path.
- Participate in the creation of the Operational Plan and will have
specific areas of accountability in its execution.
- Responsible for reporting personnel evaluations; accessing
effectiveness of technical abilities, team working skills, leadership
potential while providing career guidance / Smart Goals in-line with
- Review, mentor and establish contingencies and justifications for
CAR's, capital budget expenditures, personnel and salary plans.
- Provide input for Business Operating System changes while
maintaining an active involvement in the auditing process.
- Model an appropriate leadership behavior.
- Effectively develop personnel in technical execution, planning and
- Follows established action plans for processes out of range.
- Specifies project management and buy off of new equipment.
- Work with tool shops for all tool repair and maintenance.
- Maintains documentation closely following necessary timeliness on
- Enforce safety rules daily. Noncompliance of safety rules requires
support with HR on disciplinary action and/or termination.
- Actively intervene to correct recognized unsafe actions and
- Conduct daily observations of PPE use and safe work practices
adherence and coach employees as needed.
- Ensure that all accidents including first aid are reported.
- Complete employee development plans, organize, communicate, and
- Schedule, coordinate and direct all necessary maintenance and
construction work and make preliminary, intermediate and final inspection
of maintenance and construction work to insure proper workmanship,
materials and conformance to work methods and safety regulations.
- Conduct regular meetings with teams, whether as a whole or through
- Conduct performance reviews of team members and give feedback, as
well as make promotion recommendations or salary increases if and when
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt ideal.
- Bachelor's Degree in Plastics Processing or Mechanical Engineering.
- 8-10 years of experience, including a minimum of 5 years in
plastics processing and 2 years in production supervision.
- Minimum of 5 years experience leading Technical Teams to include,
Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Process Engineering etc
- Hands on Plant/Shop Floor Management experience
- High preference for Automotive Interiors experience
- Ability to plan, organize, communicate, and motivate employees, as
well as prioritize own work schedule.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand necessary safety procedures and precautions.
- Proven leadership skills.
- RJG Certification Highly Desirable
- Experience in Injection Mold Tooling Highly desirable