Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Technical Engineering Manager
United States - MI - Monroe
Technical Manager The Technical Manager leads the Technical Side of the Operation including all Engineering (Manufacturing, Process, and Industrial) and Technical Support Functions (e.g. Maintenance, Tooling, Special Projects, etc.).
This also includes, but is not limited to, Current Production, Product Launch, Process Launch, and Technical Strategy.
* Responsible for technical related continuous improvement and all Engineering KPI’s listed in the Manufacturing excellence glide path.
* Participate in the creation of the Operational Plan and will have specific areas of accountability in its execution.
* Responsible for reporting personnel evaluations; accessing effectiveness of technical abilities, team working skills, leadership potential while providing career guidance / Smart Goals in-line with Operational Plans.
* Review, mentor and establish contingencies and justifications for CAR's, capital budget expenditures, personnel and salary plans.
* Provide input for Business Operating System changes while maintaining an active involvement in the auditing process.
* Model an appropriate leadership behavior.
* Effectively develop personnel in technical execution, planning and decision making.
* Follows established action plans for processes out of range.
* Specifies project management and buy off of new equipment.
* Work with tool shops for all tool repair and maintenance.
* Maintains documentation closely following necessary timeliness on specific projects.
* Enforce safety rules daily. Noncompliance of safety rules requires support with HR on disciplinary action and/or termination.
* Actively intervene to correct recognized unsafe actions and conditions.
* Conduct daily observations of PPE use and safe work practices adherence and coach employees as needed.
* Ensure that all accidents including first aid are reported.
* Complete employee development plans, organize, communicate, and motivate employees.
* Schedule, coordinate and direct all necessary maintenance and construction work and make preliminary, intermediate and final inspection of maintenance and construction work to insure proper workmanship, materials and conformance to work methods and safety regulations.
* Conduct regular meetings with teams, whether as a whole or through one-on-one discussions.
* Conduct performance reviews of team members and give feedback, as well as make promotion recommendations or salary increases if and when applicable.
* Post job openings, conducts interviews and hires and fires employees.
* Six Sigma Green or Black Belt ideal.
* Bachelor's Degree in Plastics Processing or Mechanical Engineering.
* 5-7 years plastics processing experience required.Apply online now