Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Technical Engineering Manager
United States - MI - Novi
Candidate will engage with product engineering, AME, APDS, and Phase 1 teams to plan and implement predictive engineering methods. Utilization of CAE tools will include standard FEA as well as design optimization focused software and methods to simulate the performance of automotive interior product designs. Delivery of analysis reports for product performance to specification including an assessment of component design efficiency will be emphasized. Leading development and fast CAE feedback of design concepts for failures of design or testing focuses use of CAE as a design solution tool.
Position can support highly skilled candidates who have demonstrated capability to manage large or multiple products successfully and will report to an on-site supervisor in Holland. This position will interface with and receive support from the YFAI global CAE team.
Responsibilities:• Providing CAE support to internal and external customers.• Integrating Pune CAE resources into projects. • Coordinating with validation department to assure test setup is properly modeled• Provide analysis of designs and support to establish solutions for issue closure• Provide summary reports and manage data retention• Organize virtual DOE analysis • Support correlation studies and continuous improvement of CAE practices
- Bachelor or advanced level degree in mechanical
engineering or related discipline or extensive related experience.
- Minimum of ten years experience as an
engineering professional developing product and applying CAE tools directly or
in the course of product development
- Minimum of 3 years leading, facilitating and
directing off shore CAE work.
- Familiarity with product testing, methods and
- Demonstrated expertise in basic engineering
physics (statics, dynamics, strength of materials, materials science, etc.).
- Strong planning, coordinating, documentation,
and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing systems,
procedures, process, product, BOM, assembly, staff etc.
- Strong oral and written communication and skills,
able to identify the audience need for detail and description of the simulation
plan, model construction, and presenting analysis findings
- Ability to focus on details and the big picture;
adaptable to tactical execution methods and design verification strategy.
- CAE Software Experience will be evaluated in
each of the following areas:
- LS-Dyna; HyperWorks; Abaqus; MoldFlow; MoldEx3D;
Optistruct; HyperStudy; HEEDS; TOSCA
- Strong sense of ownership, self-starting,
"Can Do" attitude
- Passion and commitment to enhance engineering
and product development efficiency and quality
- Willingness to work with global partners to
support customers and functional improvement
- Ability to work both independently and with a
diverse customer and supplier group
- Familiarity with YFAI business processes.