Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Supplier Quality Engineer
United States - MI - Highland Park
The Quality Engineer is responsible for supporting YFAI product and process quality through launch activities, during pre-production and post launch, achieving and maintaining customer quality and warranty satisfaction and carrying out the assigned tasks for quality planning and functional deployment.
- Carry out Advanced Quality Planning activities and interact with all concerned stakeholders
- Prepare PPAP submissions for Customers. Coordinate with Materials, Engineering, Finance and Production departments to ensure effective, on-time implementation
- Support the risk and failure analysis (PFMEA) reviews and updates, maintain the Control Plan for the assigned work flows
- Interact with customer engineering and supplier quality/operations representatives, maintain positive communication and relationship, support and attend customer meetings and customer process reviews/audits.
- Work with internal process owners directly to perform root cause analysis and carry out robust corrective actions for internal and customer issues.
- Support continuous improvement projects and activities
- Integrate lessons learned and read across activities in the plant quality processes.
- Support plant quality systems and deployment tasks, material disposition and quality training activities
- Performs other duties deemed necessary by the Quality Manager
- Bachelor Level Degree in Engineering or equivalent of five years quality experience in the automotive industry.
- Five years’ experience in quality assurance with emphasis on supplying the automotive industry.
- Familiar with ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 standards.
- Practical knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.