Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Supplier Continuous Improvement Manager
This position reports directly to the MBBP/CI senior manager and is responsible for supporting the Procurement teams in meeting the global purchasing initiatives. The successful candidate will work closely with the global supply base leading and promoting continuous improvement workshops and methodology. Needs to be flexible, self-motivated, work under pressure and be able to communicate at all levels, supporting the department in achieving targets and driving for results. Extensive travel to regional and global locations required.
- Lead supplier workshops, utilizing lean manufacturing and CI tools, to further develop and ensure the successful execution of continuous improvement strategies to meet and exceed set efficiency gap closure roadmaps in accordance with the agreed timing plan
- Train, mentor and coach YF internal Procurement teams in CI disciplines related to supplier operational improvement
- Approve new suppliers and regularly spend time in the existing strategic supply base to determine risks, opportunities and complexity in order to define the correct approach or sourcing decision working with the Commodity Purchasing teams
- Support regional purchasing and costing teams in supply base optimization, in coordination with defined commodity strategies
- Identify and encourage ‘Innovation’ ideas with suppliers for use by YF (product, process, etc.) following and improving the MBBP ‘Preferred Design Solution’ process
- Identifying non MBBP related opportunity within the supply base to improve cost drivers such as efficiency/utilization, lead time, labor, delivery and quality.
- Support, plan and lead regional PLA (Post Launch Audits) supplier visits to audit and improve, 60 day post SOP (start of production) purchasing prices.
- Support the process for analysing, planning, and executing of business transfers as necessary for non-preferred, distressed or insolvent suppliers to implement the defined commodity strategies
- Support the Risk Management and Purchasing teams with distressed or insolvent suppliers, reducing the cost impact to the business by ensuring the execution of flawless transfers in a timely manner
- Provide accurate feed back to the key decision makers to determine the best course of action, resource requirements and lead recovery plans
- Support regional operations with all non-quality related issues that impact Yanfeng plants. Zero line stops internally and to the OEM
- Work with cross functional teams on ‘High Risk’ and/or ‘Distressed’ suppliers to improve overall operational performance, hence reducing potential cost impact to Yanfeng
- Analytical problem solving and system thinking.
- Degree in an engineering discipline/lean, business improvement or equivalent qualification.
- Significant management or leadership experience from within ‘door to door’ operational role, i.e. Plant, CI, Production, and Quality.
- Experience playing a lead role in a Lean implementation within a (supplier) manufacturing organization – taking a CI program to a level of maturity and sustainability
- Experienced in delivering education programs – both internal training and workshop facilitation covering a range of Lean and CI techniques, including championing with novices, and facilitating supporting and mentoring with management level employees.
- Experience and working knowledge of the automotive supply chain as a complete material and information flow system, including OEM expectations, quality systems, logistics and/or SCM, operations and tiers.
- Knowledge of the following manufacturing processes –assemblies, injection molding, electro plating, paint, foam, textiles/fabrics. Metal forming and stamping.
- Procurement knowledge and cost engineering experience beneficial.
- Formal training and qualifications in Continuous Improvement i.e., Lean, Six Sigma, Problem Solving, Quality Improvement.
- Other (design, installation, management or maintenance of manufacturing systems related to material and information flow, product and process)
- Demonstrated Leadership pathway or accredited qualifications.
- Procurement, finance and costing beneficial.
Apply online now