Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
United States - TN - Chattanooga
The Production Supervisor position is responsible for supervising shop employees in a manufacturing and assembly
environment. This position plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements
in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment. Maintains
time and production records. Manages & approves time of subordinates utilizing timekeeping system.
2. Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
3. Recommends and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of
product by participating in Kiazen activities.
4. Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of plant, department, or line.
5. Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
6. Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
7. Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of plant personnel.
8. Oversees all aspects of the production build.
9. Responsible for collecting data for and reporting on monthly measurable goals.
10. Identifies opportunities for Continuous Improvement, ensures that continuous improvement activities are planned,
implemented, measured, reported and reviewed in the respective area of responsibility.
11. Communicates daily with the team.
12. Applies the corrective action process when discrepancies/non-conformances are detected.
13. Responsible for applying the preventive action process when potential issues/risks are identified. Also, responsible
for assessing the importance/severity of the issues/risks and for initiating the preventive action for employees in the
14. Adheres to 5S conformance, implements improvements as required.
15. Any and all other duties assigned by manager.
16. Leads the hourly employee training and develop trainer team and team leaders
College or university program certificate preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2+ years of Supervisory experience. 3-5 years manufacturing experience in a leadership role; preferably in automotive
industrial setting.Apply online now