Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
United States - TN - Chattanooga
The Production Supervisor position is responsible for
supervising shop employees in a manufacturing and assembly environment.
This position plans and assigns work, implements policies
and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment,
operating procedures and working conditions.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour
requirements for completion of job assignment. Maintains time and production
records. Manages & approves time of subordinates utilizing timekeeping system.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety
- Recommends and implements measures to improve production
methods, equipment performance, and quality of product by participating in
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of
equipment to increase efficiency of plant, department or line.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in
solving work problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of
- Oversees all aspects of the production build.
- Responsible for collecting data for and reporting on
monthly measurable goals.
- Identifies opportunities for Continuous Improvement,
ensures that continuous improvement activities are planned, implemented,
measured, reported and reviewed in the respective area of responsibility.
- Communicates daily with the team.
- Applies the corrective action process when discrepancies/non-conformances
- Responsible for applying the preventive action process
when potential issues/risks are identified. Also, responsible for assessing the
importance/severity of the issues/risks and for initiating the preventive
action for employees in the department.
- Adheres to 5S conformance, implements improvements as
- Any and all other duties assigned by manager.
- Leads the hourly employee training and develop trainer
team and team leaders.
College or university program certificate preferred; or
equivalent combination of education and experience; and two plus years of
3-5 years manufacturing experience in a leadership role;
preferably in automotive industrial setting.