Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
United States - TN - Chattanooga
The Production Supervisor position
is responsible for supervising shop employees in a manufacturing and assembly
This position plans and assigns
work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in
production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
1. Studies production schedules and estimates
worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment. Maintains time and
production records. Manages & approves time of subordinates utilizing
2. Interprets company policies to workers and
enforces safety regulations.
3. Recommends and implements measures to improve
production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product by
participating in Kaizen activities.
4. Suggests changes in working conditions and use
of equipment to increase efficiency of plant, department, or line.
5. Analyzes and resolves work problems, or
assists workers in solving work problems.
6. Initiates or suggests plans to motivate
workers to achieve work goals.
7. Confers with other supervisors to coordinate
activities of plant personnel.
8. Oversees all aspects of the production build.
Responsible for collecting data for and reporting on monthly measurable goals.
10. Identifies opportunities for Continuous
Improvement, ensures that continuous improvement activities are planned,
implemented, measured, reported and reviewed in the respective area of
11. Communicates daily with the team.
12. Applies the corrective action process when
discrepancies/non- conformances are detected.
13. Responsible for applying the preventive
action process when potential issues/risks are identified. Also, responsible
for assessing the importance/severity of the issues/risks and for initiating
the preventive action for employees in the department.
14. Adheres to 5S conformance, implements
improvements as required.
15. Any and all other duties assigned by manager.
16. Leads the hourly employee training and
develop trainer team and team leaders
- College or university program certificate preferred;
or equivalent combination of education and experience; and two plus years of
- 3-5 years manufacturing experience in a leadership
role; preferably in automotive industrial setting.