Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Summer Internship - Industrial Design
United States - MI - Holland
Come join our Advanced & Automotive Interior Design Studio for a 3-month
summer internship at the Automotive Technical Campus in Holland Michigan,
located on the sandy shores of beautiful Lake Michigan. You will be included in
our overall summer internship program together with many other students from
various schools and disciplines.
We are looking for a talented Industrial/
Transportation Design Student with a passion for automotive interior
As an intern, you will have the ability to work with a team of
professional automotive interior designers on conceptual and customer related
projects, from single components to full automotive interiors. During your internship,
you will be exposed to the typical workflow in a world class automotive design
studio, collaborate with a cross discipline team comprised of Studio Engineers,
Consumer Researchers, Human Factors experts, Graphic Designers, and Model
Builders, involving critiques and reviews of your work and progress. You will
be mentored by the design team in all aspects related to preparing you for a
career within the automotive design profession.
Yanfeng Automotive Interiors Company is the biggest tier 1 automotive
interior component supplier in the world, with design studios located in the
U.S., Germany, China and India. The Studio in Holland, MI was established over
25 years ago and focuses on Advanced Design and Production Interior Design for
our domestic & global OEM customers.
Preferred Major(s): Industrial Design/ Transportation Design/
- Current student enrolled in an accredited college/university pursuing a bachelor’s degree
- 3.00 GPA or higher
- Sophomore, Junior or Senior status
- Highly motivated, positive attitude and goal orientated
- Prior internship(s), work experience, and/or extracurricular activities preferred
- US Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Advanced manual and digital sketch and rendering
- Understanding for proportions, 3D perspective and
balance of your sketch
- A robust personal design process that incorporates
the disciplines of research,
- need and opportunity identification, conceptual
ideation, implementation &
- storytelling to support your concepts and
Please include a digital copy of your cover letter,
resume and portfolio, or a web link to your portfolio.