Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Sr. Finance Analyst - Bilingual Spanish
United States - MI - Novi
Senior Finance Analyst for the Customer Business Units
Overall responsibility: Under the general direction of the Interiors Commercial Finance Director or manager you need to accurately identify, understand, and communicate PRNA (shipped and unshipped) and retroactive and other pricing related issues with all levels of finance. Once you have prioritized and communicated the issues, you will need to drive the open issues to closure and continue to follow up until the issue is resolved. The goal is to have a total past due for Interiors less than or equal to 2.5% of total Interiors Aging balance.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Reviewing, segregating and collection of pricing for parts that have no program (PRNA), no pricing, or parts that have already shipped without pricing (Blocked Billing). Perform preliminary analysis and make recommendations to the AFM’s to clean up missing information. Drive to minimize quantity of items on PRNA report and financial impact on blocked billing.
- Generation and distribution of Retroactive Pricing Proposals to the respective business units. Work with CBU’s to secure approval for these proposals and with the BBC to process, minimizing duration of open retros. Validate accuracy of the data prior to distribution (retro to AFM and BBC input) and do analysis for retro adjustments in AR with the retros as they are processed so that they can be cleared. Drive for month end closure of pricing retros and other errors. Escalate to Interiors Commercial Finance Director as needed.
- Identify and communicate pricing issues at a program and part number level for Self-Bill Customers. Provide reports which shows price discrepancies /quantity discrepancies at the part number level by customer. Verify using reports that AFM and BBC have processed the accounting of the retro. This will ensure that the issues have been removed from Past Due Accounts Receivable.
- Do supporting analysis and escalate as needed, facilitate and drive closure to minimize aging.
- Submission of pricing changes to the BBC as needed.
- For all key responsibilities, maintain monthly trend analysis charts to help prioritize with the CBU’s and leadership. Maintain an on-going master issues list with action items, clear status and plan/date for resolution. Must take ownership to drive issue resolution and identify potential risk and opportunities, meeting personally with owners
- Overall, highlight potential systemic issues and drive improvement in overall working capital. Support A/R management process improvements to maximize high level reporting categories and improved cash collection/application across the organization. This would entail following current practices; providing feedback for improvement; adjusting practices accordingly; evaluating process changes for effectiveness.
- Consistently have a proactive approach to problem resolution, perform analysis and communicate simplified message to audience.
- Supporting the other members in the working capital team/Finance to be able to perform analyses when the workload dictates it and to be able to act as a backup when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or relevant finance degree or equivalent
- Proficient with multiple computer systems
- Business Warehouse Reporting
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint and PowerPoint) SAP
- Ability to communicate succinctly technical information to nontechnical audience.
- Ability to speak business Spanish is highly desired.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data efficiently; create meaningful charts as needed to highlight issues, progress, priorities.
- High aptitude for problem solving in order to resolve business, financial, customer, and organizational issues.
- Proven interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Must possess highly effective analytical skills in areas of accounting, critical thinking, analysis and communication.