Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
United States - AL - McCalla
The Senior Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for the development and implementation of Best Business Practices for the North America Region with the ultimate objective to improve execution to BOS/IATF Requirements and overall quality performance.
- Supports the development and implementation of strategic read across initiatives in the North America Region plants as defined by the NA Director of Quality Assurance (or equivalent title), and leadership
- Supports compliance to YFAI BOS, IATF 16949, CSRs, including timely and effective resolution of audit non-conformances
- Identifies and facilitates Quality training, as needed
- Supports the BU Quality Directors by identifying high potential Quality employees for strategic talent purposes
- Performs analysis of the systemic issues in the plants developing a gap analysis for strategic initiatives
- Monitors and supports the read across of effective corrective action efforts for critical issues within the North America region
- Actively involved with new Plant Quality Manager selection
- Provides input to Plant Quality Manager skills assessments
- Provides quality technical support and expertise to the Region, as needed.
- Conduct all work activities following company safety policies and procedures
- Demonstrate “acceptable” behaviors per the YFAI Leadership Expectations Model
- Bachelor's degree in Quality, Engineering, or Science related field
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant Quality work experience.
- Manufacturing/operations experience
- A record of formal leadership/management experience and training is highly desirable.
- Relevant experience with training, including preparation and delivery of Quality training
- Broad knowledge of Advanced Quality Planning, including strong proficiency with the AIAG Advanced Quality Planning and Control Plan, FMEAs, PPAPs, MSA and SPC standards.
- Knowledge of statistical concepts and problem-solving methodology is required.
- Good knowledge in quality philosophy and strategy, process flow charts
- Proficient in use of a computer and common office software (i.e. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Excellent and in-depth knowledge of MS Excel; Databases; Pivot Tables and V-Look up.
- Problem solver, process oriented. Good data collection and Analysis skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a self-directed environment with the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent problem-solving skills are required, including experience preparing problem solving documents such as 8Ds.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience developing and writing work instructions and procedures.
- Working level knowledge of assembly and molding processes.
- Excellent knowledge of IATF requirements.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- Ability to work independently.
- Flexibility, initiative, commitment and goal-oriented behavior.
- Experience with ISO/IATF Quality Systems is required. Lead Auditor certification is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of VDA and CSRs is highly desirable.
- CMQ; CQE; Six Sigma Green Belt Certification; experience with Minitab software is highly desirable.
- Experience working directly with customers and suppliers, particularly automotive related is desirable