Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Senior Professional IT Systems
United States - MI - Novi
The Senior Professional IT Systems position provides leadership in the design of global shop floor systems. The individual in this role will work with external vendors and internal customers to design the future state of shop floor systems. They will analyze requirements and document the architecture of the systems. The role provides a leadership role for IT and works in conjunction with business leads. They will coordinate technical resources during implementation and ongoing production support. The Senior Professional IT Systems role assists in the development and deployment of the global shop floor support. This role will assist in the support activity to maintain a stable effective solution.
- Design and document system architecture, configuration and interfaces
- Analyze, plan and perform system configuration changes
- Coordinate with vendors to manage new releases and patch updates
- Work with functional leads and business analysts to transform and develop new requirements into design and implementation specifications
- Interface with business analysts to develop strategic roadmaps for new functionality from commercial applications, through new releases and upgrades
- Interface with vendor partners and design optimal solutions to integrate with existing business systems
- Accurately estimate the design and implementation efforts required for a project
- Manage ongoing support requests and administrative needs
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver standard artifacts
- Develop design specifications according to standard templates and industry best practices
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Communicate and coordinate with infrastructure teams to execute system changes
- Assist in defining quality assurance testing strategy and identifying risks
- Provide significant contributions in the testing and debugging of new software or enhancements to existing software
- Ensure issues and defects are identified, tracked, reported, and resolved in a timely manner
- Learn and become the expert in new MES technologies as well as key third party providers
- Bachelors degree or higher required
- 5 years of automotive experience required in a related role.
- Experience working with MES applications such as MPDV Hydra, Insequence, or Matrix is strongly desired.