Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Robotics/Injection Molding)
United States - MI - Highland Park
This role is specific to working with Injection Molding/Robotics. Works to develop and implements optimal, cost effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards; recommends and implements improvements to injection molding processes, methods and controls; coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF ROLE:
- Provide guidance and oversite for plant manufacturing engineering related to Injection Molding/Robotics/PLC.
- Carry out process improvements, problem resolution, project management and help with employee training.
- Improve manufacturing processes related to Injection Molding/Robotics/PLC and methods for cost-reduction, quality improvement and efficiency.
- Prepare and present plans for above and coordinates deployment.
- Perform research, design and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment.
- Coordinate the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals and evaluating results.
- Participate in analysis of designs to determine areas of improvement.
- Maintain plant documentation for designated product lines to include but not limited to PFMEA, Process Flow Diagrams and ODS form.
- Establish/maintain lineside racking in manufacturing areas.
- Understand automation interfaces with robotics and vision systems that are used for manufacturing and Poke-Yoke Systems.
- Attend and participate in SDT Meetings working with Program and Launch Managers to go over open issues lists and upcoming changes to assigned programs.
- Prepare/maintain electronic floor layout drawings for current/future business and Continuous Improvement projects.
- Lead equipment installation and relocation projects within the facility, including but not limited to air, power and floor space requirements.
- Ability to work in a team environment and mentor other engineers in the department.
- Performs process and material flow analysis. Develop manufacturing process techniques, and equipment to improve productivity.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analysing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Keep equipment operational by establishing and coordinating preventive maintenance and repair services.
- Work closely