Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Senior Engineer, Advanced Manufacturing Engineering - Industrial engineering
Support central department located in Germany in:
- YF quote process with regards to workplace design, material flow, labour calculation, tool & equipment invest
- Train teams and provide expertise for workplace design and implementation of lean principles for the production lines
- Apply industrial engineering methods to determine labour requirements (MTM) including line balancing tool
- Provide production process and production sequencing (process flow chart & VSM) for new programs
- Develop a guideline of workplace design and train the Plants
- Develop and review production lines and workplaces according to our ergonomic guidelines (BAE)
- Monitor and steer production setup in regard to material flow and layout implementation
- Develop plant simulations for material flows including bottleneck analysis
- Monitor and audit manufacturing best practices and standards in the plant
- Optimization of RAM, WIP and FG stock levels to find the balance between minimization of working capital (one piece flow – flexible production) and elimination of bottleneck process steps
- Lean material flow management methods such as pick-to-lights, gravity conveyors, FIFO flows etc.
- Advanced communication skills.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work self-responsible, strong teamwork spirit and sociable.
- Thinking in business processes.
- Good coordination ability, problem analyzing ability and solving ability.
- Open for regular business travelling across EMEA region.
- Experienced in project work
- Good in documentation and presentation of project status and change management and traceability
- Ability to hold technical meetings and presentations with team members, customer and supplier level
- Qualified in using MS-Office Package
- Degree in Engineering (mechanical or industrial) or other equivalent technical education
- Min. 3 years’ experience as a Manufacturing or Industrial Engineer or technician
- OEM or Tier One / Two work experience (preferably automotive)
- MS Office skills
- Assembly method experience
- Reporting on project issues, findings and measures