Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Senior Design Engineer
Mexico - QUE
Requirements, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Bachelor Degree on Mechanical, Industrial Design, Industrial Engineer or Mechatronic Engineer.
· 5 or more years of experience in product development
· 5 years of experience in engineering and CAD areas.
· 5+ years of CATIA and/or NX experience is required.
· Effective written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish.
· Knowledge of Data Management Systems such as TcPLM, PRISMA, ENOVIA, KVS, etc.
· Knowledge and application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (ASME Y14.5M, or applicable)
· Knowledge and experience of plastic components, and plastic injection molding.
· Understanding of automotive interiors parts is a plus.
· Passion for product design and problem solving
Primary duties and responsibilities:
· Create CAD models and drawings using company sponsored CAD systems, check, validate, and issue master models and drawings.
· Work within the guidelines of applicable Yanfeng policies and procedures, engineering standards.
· Understanding of engineering changes documentation and execution of the changes.
· Define dimensional constraints and geometric tolerances required for proper clearances and fits while optimizing manufacturing capabilities.
· Identify product improvements.
· Continually learns and applies latest techniques relative to computer aided design software and Data Management Systems (TcPLM)
· Provide technical support to cross functional teams to improve or resolve fit, form and function of components.
· Effectively communicates and provides recommendations to internal and external Yanfeng customers through the analysis, preparation and presentation of technical data.
· Provide technical guidance to other personnel and assigned teams; mentor others in the organization.
· Supports team's technical proficiency and growth.
· Able to utilize existing knowledge thru design sheets and the PKR process
· Owns the DFMEA, or similar tool to identify product functions and potential failure modes
· Can apply knowledge of manufacturing processes, particularly plastic part design and injection-molding, to design concepts.
· Applies robust engineering to the design of automotive interior componen