Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Senior Design Engineer
Mexico - Ramos Arizpe
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Bachelor Degree on Mechanical, Industrial Design, Industrial Engineer or Mechatronic Engineer.
· 5 or more years of experience on mechanical design.
· 5-10 years of experience on engineering and CAD areas.
· Capable of coaching others to accomplish assignments.
· 5 years of CATIA and/or NX experience is required.
· Effective written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish.
· Knowledge of any Data Management Systems (TcPLM), PRISMA, ENOVIA, KVS, etc.
· Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (ASME Y14.5M, or applicable) relative to the function.
· Strong knowledge of plastic components, and plastic injection molding
· Understanding of automotive interiors parts is a plus.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
· Create CAD models and drawings using company sponsored CAD systems. Check, validate, and issue master models and drawings.
· Understanding of design change documentation and requirements and execution of the changes.
· Identify product improvements.
· Provide Technical Support to cross functional teams to improve or resolve form and fit of components.
· Effectively communicates and provides recommendations to internal and external YFAI customers through the analysis, preparation and presentation of technical data.
· Provide technical guidance to other personnel and assigned teams; mentor others in the organization.
· Design and develop a product or product family.
· Ensure production procedures efficiently utilize materials, methods and personnel.
· Work with external resources to resolve product issues.
· Interface with customer, supplier and internal engineering teams to secure BOMs, solve problems, manage releases, and inspire solutions.
· Perform engineering analysis to prepare and present technical presentations to customers, management or peers to convey a technical message or achieve a required outcome.
· Drive changes to customer specification or internal process, as required, to achieve compliance.
· Participate in the iterative process with the YFAI design/styling studio to deliver the optimal balance of form vs. function vs. cost
· Implement processes and material selections to achieve world class execution of automotive interior craftsmanship and fit & finish.
· Optimize designs with the appropriate analytical and physical assessments.
· Complete and release interior components, sub-system and detail designs, utilizing a mix of in-house design and supplier engineering where required (in-house designs are planned for most major commodities).
· Collaborate with key exterior system and plastic component suppliers and support overall vehicle development milestones and prototype/production build events.
· Responsible for technical documentation to include DFMEAs, DVP&R
Apply online now