Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Senior Buyer Indirect
United States - MI - Novi
The Senior Buyer Indirect is responsible for operational and strategic procurement activities around given commodity responsibility, including, but not limited to strategy development and implementation, cost savings, negotiations, full contract process, supplier management, and business support.
Essential functions of the job:
- Strategy development in assigned commodities-expectation to look at spend in terms of whole business/region impact
- Implementation, change management in support of strategic priorities
- Deliver cost savings and rebates to meet given targets, and support the financial goals of the business
- Conduct RFQ/RFP activities resulting in sourcing recommendations and decisions, and contracting
- Negotiate and finalize contracts with strategic suppliers for financial benefits, service levels, risk aversion and leveraging scale
- Supplier relationship building and management to monitor supplier performance, service levels etc. to effectively support the business
- Broad scope of business support in both direct operations support, functional department, and overall YFAI business support
- Guide and enforce the Yanfeng determined procurement process, including the full PTP process
- Support appropriate purchase-to-pay (PTP) processes
- Support accurate and timely reporting of key measurables
- Improve working capital through optimum payment terms
- Implementation and continuous improvement of standardization activities
- Support business by presenting and implementing best business practices within your commodity
- Customer service to support all customers for your commodity
- Travel to meet operations customers and or suppliers, in support of commodity activity
- Bachelor degree in Supply Chain/Procurement/Operations or combination of education and equivalent experience.
- 5-9 Minimum Years of Experience within the automotive industry
- 1 -3 Minimum Years of Experience with commodity buyer
- Must be able and willing to travel and work at customer sites, including industrial manufacturing plants which might require climbing, lifting, or working in confined spaces.
- In depth understanding of purchasing tools and practices
- PC knowledge (MS-Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Controlling and cost analysis knowledge
- Relevant E