Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
United States - MI - Novi
As a Senior Buyer on the Purchasing team you will be responsible for execution of purchasing strategies for responsible commodities through the sourcing activity and management of advanced and after launch supplier quality. Leading establishment and development for the regional commodity strategy.
- Plan and achieve the financial target of the responsible BU
- Supplier source development and performance management
- Support supply source for the APDS and any innovation activity
- Leading the establishment and development procurement strategy for regional commodity
- Development, direction and execution of purchasing strategies for the responsible commodities.
- Complete on-time quotation, sourcing and approval of commodity by programs. Control and approval of all strategic advanced and operational purchasing activities and decisions for production within the commodity organization
- Lead commodity specific annual saving plan & strategic action to meet the goal with senior management.
- Control and execution of roadmaps in order to meet or exceed planned goals for cost savings, continuous improvement, economics, supplier quality performance, supplier rationalization, sub commodity LCC percentage content, payment terms, supplier T&Cs and other strategic objectives.
- Lead annual Business Review process with strategic suppliers to ensure supplier specific roadmaps are met
- Engage into the global commodity activities, synergy discovery and activity initiation.
- Support supply source for the Advanced Product Development and Sales and any innovation activity.
- Understand, apply and meet all function-related BOS requirements. (Business Operating System, BOS)
- Understand, apply and meet all function-related EHS requirements (Environmental, Health & Safety EHS)
- Understand, apply and meet all function-related Product Safety requirements.
- Understand, apply and meet all function-related Compliance requirements
- Understand, apply and meet all function-related IT / Information Security and confidentiality of YFAI information requirements.
· 4 year degree in Purchasing, Supply Chain Management or Business Administration with a Master Degree desired
· Min. 3-5 years within automotive or related industry
· Supply Chain Management (SCM), operational and/or strategic role experience
· Strong costing knowledge
· Strong negotiation and presentation skills
· Ability and interest to work and take a lead role in cross functional teams
· Ability to travel both regionally and globally as necessary to support the specific project (varies by project)
· CPM / CPSM Certification preferred
· In depth understanding of purchasing tools and practices
· PC knowledge (MS-Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Controlling and cost analysis knowledge
· Leadership skills
· Relevant SAP knowledgeApply online now