Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Senior Advanced Quality Engineer
5 years of related work experience
Experience with VDA 6.3 and IATF 16949 specifications | Auditor certifications is desirable
Proved experience in APQP development | Advanced knowledges in Control Plan, FMEA, Statistcis Process Control (SPC), MSA (GD&T), R@R, Six Sigma methodology (use of Minitab is highly desirable)
Lean Manufacturing knowledge is desirable
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including self-directed environment
Excellent problem solving skills ( 8Ds or other methodology)
Experience working directly with customers (OEM) and suppliers (desirable)
This position is responsible for product Launch Advance Quality Planning duties, as defined by the BOS requirements and applicable customer requirements. Responsibilities typically assigned and executed for specific launch programs. This position reports to the Advanced Quality Manager Tech Center Mexico.
1. Develop the Past Problem Roadmap for Launch program
2. Facilitate/participate in the Engineering development of Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA) documents for assigned Launch programs.
3. Facilitate/participate in the Manufacturing development of Process Flows (PF) and Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA) documents for assigned Launch programs.
4. Facilitate and assure development of Design and Process Control Plans. These shall be based on customer requirements, Characteristic Matrix and FMEAs.
5. Facilitate and assure development of appropriate Measurement System Analysis (MSA) plan for the Launch. Identify appropriate statistical tools and techniques required for assessing process capability and verify all measuring devices are included on the Control Plan and PDFSS Scorecard.
6. Ensure preparation and on-time delivery of new product Launch related Customer Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) packages.
7. Ensure that Launch related Customer, internal and supplier quality corrective actions (8D’s) meet the required timing, quality and format.
8. Ensure “initial capability studies” are properly performed and documented for initial builds product changes that affects special characteristics and, Customer & Internal requirements (or, a written Customer deviation is obtained).
9. Ensure compliance to all applicable quality Customer-specific systems and requirements.
10. Ensure IMDS compliance, where applicable.
11. Attend all System Simultaneous Development Team meetings and provide required quality documents per program timing.
12. Facilitate/participate in Engineering Design Reviews of specifications and drawings related to the system and develop the Characteristic Matrix.
13. Assist/support Supplier Quality Engineer, as needed, including supplier selection, kick-off meetings and process sign-off.
14. Support DV/PV builds and verify that parts meet dimensional and functional requirements.
15. Ensure the appropriate inspection and containment plans are developed for Launch.
16. Lead Internal Audits, report audit findings and ensure timely close out of any required corrective actions.
17. Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Apply online now