Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Senior Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
Senior Advanced Manufacturing
Advanced Manufacturing Engineer (AME) is responsible to plan, direct and
coordinate the implementation of safe manufacturing process(es) into an
industrial plant. The AME works to
develop and implement manufacturing strategies by utilizing their knowledge of
product design, materials, tooling and equipment capabilities, assembly
methods, quality control standards and product safety requirements. They create
plans that optimize work force utilization, space requirements, workflow and
product traceability. The AME uses product & customer requirements to
create specifications for tooling and equipment and then works with vendors to
procure, install and implement into the manufacturing facility.
direct input to the Simultaneous Development Team (SDT) by doing the following:
manufacturing feasibility assessments for product design, engineering changes,
scope changes and quality concerns.
process flow and plant layout requirements.
product gaging and packaging strategies and assess the impact of those
assumptions on the overall manufacturing strategy.
capital equipment and tooling required and manage/adhere to the budget of the
manage the procurement and acceptance of required equipment & tooling.
the implementation of production equipment/tooling into the manufacturing facility
and any corresponding technical training and ensure spare parts for new
Process FMEA and manage RPN risks.
the product, process, equipment and tooling strategies for potential ergonomic
concerns and manage action items to resolve.
customer part needs through pilot, testing, run-at-rate and internal process
input and present status of project to management at specific SDT/launch
milestones. Provide action
plans/solutions to any open items/issues to stay “on track”.
and support continuous improvement projects.
flexible for any changes in business needs.
Education: Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Chemical Engineering, Plastics or Engineering Technology required (BSME or BSMET or similar)
- Experience in Automotive/Manufacturing (Tier One Automotive interiors experience preferred, not required)
- Candidates must demonstrate solid skills in communication, interpersonal relations, and ability to inspire individuals to improve performance.
- High level of mechanical aptitude and analytical problem solving
- Work flow, line balance and takt time
- Experience with AutoCAD (line/plant layouts -2D)
- 3+ years of experience in manufacturing engineering, advanced manufacturing, process engineering, tooling, or similar
- DOE and data driven studies experience
- Six Sigma (greenbelt), Lean, Continuous Improvement training or experience preferred
- Candidates must demonstrate technical and project management skills
- Familiar with entire product life including development, launch and production.
- Understands and demonstrates ability to work with and improve documented manufacturing standards.
Apply online now