Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Quality Engineer (Off Shift)
United States - AL - McCalla
This position is responsible for
maintaining quality processes and procedures in the manufacturing production or
process area. The position reports to the Operations Quality Manager.
- Maintain adherence to all safety guidelines. Review
safety performance and provide corrective actions as appropriate.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through active
promotion of YFAI Quality Policy. Assure that department is following
established Procedures/Work Instructions/etc. Assure that all prescribed
records and documents are properly completed and maintained. Review
Quality performance and provide corrective actions as appropriate.
- Foster a positive working environment through fair,
consistent, and respectful treatment of employees.
- Resolve employee relation issues through effective
remediation techniques. Utilize Human Resources team and/or Quality
Manager to assist in solving unresolved work-related issues.
- Conduct various skills assessments and performance
evaluations for assigned employees. Establish employee goals.
- Develop/strengthen Production Quality team through
proper training, coaching, and guidance.
- Drive 5S and housekeeping activities to improve
quality and reliability of YFAI products.
- Proactive approach to improving quality through
cross functional teams, ensure participation by all team members in
continual improvement and cost reduction activities.
- Actively promote Lean Manufacturing and Good
- Review report and assess performance metrics (KPI’s)
and other assigned metrics as appropriate.
- Maintain prompt and effective communication with
Production Quality personnel, Production group, and appropriate support
groups to ensure that proper attention is provided to assure product
- Work to foster a culture of ownership, passion, and
a sense of urgency.
- Maintain teamwork and cooperation among team members
and other departments.
- Supervise and efficiently manage resources.
- Assist with closing open/pending issues.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities
designed to reduce the cost of poor quality (i.e. Kaizen, cross functional
task force teams, etc.)
- Prepare PPAP/ISIR documentation as applicable
- BS/BA in a related field of study (i.e. Engineering, management, operations research/management, etc.) OR five years Quality experience with increasing responsibilities, previous team lead, supervisor or quality engineer experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- ASQC certification as CMI, CQT, CQA, CQE, CRE, and or CQM a plus.
Experience with TS/IATF Quality Systems is
required. Lead Auditor certification is highly desirable.
Experience in Advanced Quality Planning is required,
including strong proficiency with the AIAG Advanced Quality Planning and
Control Plan, FMEAs, PPAPs, MSA and Statistical Process Control (SPC)
Knowledge of statistical concepts, design of experiments
and problem solving methodology is required. Six Sigma certification
or equivalent experience is required. Black Belt certification and
experience with Minitab software is highly desirable.
Knowledge and experience in Lean Manufacturing
methods is highly desirable
Proficient in use of a computer and common office
software is required (i.e. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Strong interpersonal and communication skills are
required, including ability to work in a self-directed environment.
Good mechanical/technical skills and ability to read
engineering drawings are desirable. GD&T proficiency is highly
Excellent problem solving skills are required,
including experience preparing problem solving documents such as 8D’s.
American Society for Quality certification, such as
current CQE and CMQ/OE status, is highly desirable.
Experience working directly with customers and
suppliers, particularly automotive related, is required.
Experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment
Apply online now