Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
United States - TN - Chattanooga
The Quality Engineer position works directly with production supervisors, analyzing manufacturing processes for
improvement using various methods of testing and inspection. Drives quality improvements through root cause analysis
and ensures products are manufactured in compliance with customer specifications, safety standards and design
specifications. Oversees and facilitate the implementation of Process Quality Tools (Process Flow, PFMEA, Control Plans,
1. Reports quality and reliability data through sampling and documented evaluation.
2. Audit and track all activities as prescribed in corporate and customer standards and procedures.
3. Develops and initiates appropriate engineering change procedures and communicates with other plants, suppliers, the
customer and group office engineering.
4. Establishes programs to evaluate precision and accuracy of engineering changes through testing, measurement and
analytical methods, and collects data on quality and reliability.
5. Conducts training sessions on Quality Assurance/Engineering activities as applicable.
6. Ensures that the quality system is maintained in accordance with the BOS/VDA/TS standards.
7. Reports on the performance of the quality system to management for review and as a basis for continuous
improvement. Performs audits as applicable (product, process, dock, etc.).
8. Applies the Preventive and Corrective action process when potential issues/risks are identified.
9. Provide APQP/PPAP input and support for launch activities.
10. Perform process capability studies and reduce process variation.
11. Drive quality improvements utilizing root cause analysis, process reviews and improvements, corrective actions,
statistical process control, in-process and final inspections, quality plans and overall quality communications.
12. Evaluate/determine disposition of non-conforming materials and formulate corrective actions.
13. Participate in continuous improvement activities designed to reduce the cost of poor quality (i.e. Kaizen, cross
functional task force teams, etc.).
14. Prepare PPAP/ISIR documentation as applicable after Launch.
15. Any and all other duties assigned by manager.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study (i.e. Engineering, management, operations research/management, etc.) or
two to four years related experience and training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in a
high volume manufacturing environment.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
1. Two to four years related experience. Experience in formal problem solving methodology e.g. Kepner-Tregoe, Shainin
Red X, Six Sigma, etc.
2. Working knowledge of TS16949.
3 Computer skills and use of MS Office programs, statistical software such as MINITAB.
4. Understanding of the quality function such as customer service, metrology, and quality analysis techniques (i.e. Design
of experiments, Red X, PPAP, Control Plan, etc.).
5. Non-technical competencies including interpersonal skills (relationship building, teamwork, conflict resolution, customer
orientation), communication skills (verbal, written, listening), performance skills (detailed, accurate, efficient, organized,
ability to plan, motivated, committed, flexible, assertive and developmental).