Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Quality Engineers need to have an understanding of the following:
- Control quality of product through the development and use of Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA), control plans, flow charts and Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Maintain adherence to product quality standard for incoming materials and finished goods
- Identify and record any problems relating to product, process, and quality system
- Coordinate customer approved 3rd party quality system requirements
- Initiate, recommend, and provide solutions through designated channels
- Verify implementation of solutions to problems
- Manage reduction of further processing, delivery, or installation of nonconforming product until the deficiency is resolved
- Work with customers and vendors on quality-related issues
- Resolve potential quality problems
- Analyze data and performance of incoming and outgoing products
- Develop Quality Manual and Quality Lab set-up
- Maintain gauging equipment and document gauges used in facility
- Document and organize parts drawings and prints
- Compile and submit sample submissions to customer and reviews sample submission from vendors
- Evaluate supplier PPAP package; maintain QC records (Control plans, Process changes, Quality Alerts, Engineering changes)
- Incorporate safe working procedures into all daily activities in the facility.
- May review and coach Quality Techs in accordance with the plant goals and expectations.
- Perform schedule reviews for Quality Techs as required.
- BS or MS in Quality, Engineering or Science related field.
- A minimum of 1 to 2 years of related work experience.
- Experience in Advanced Quality Planning including strong proficiency with the AIAG Advanced Quality Planning and Control Plan, FMEAs, PPAPs, MSA and Statistical Process Control (SPC) standards.
- Experience working directly with customers and suppliers, particularly automotive related.
- Experience with ISO/QS/TS Quality Systems is required. Internal Auditor certification is highly desirable.
- Proficient in use of a computer and common office software (i.e. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of quality statistical concepts and robust problem solving methodology. Six Sigma certification or equivalent experience is highly desirable.
- Excellent problem solving skills, including experience preparing problem solving documents such as 8D’s.
- Good mechanical/technical skills and ability to read engineering drawings are desirable. GD&T proficiency is highly desirable.
- Knowledge and experience in Lean Manufacturing methods is highly desirable.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to work in a self-directed environment.
- American Society for Quality certification, such as current CQE status, is a plus.
Apply online now