Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
United States - MI - Holland
- Develop, implement, and maintain documented quality systems that support a zero-defect quality culture including robust operator training and certification. Ensure Critical Characteristic verification and First Piece verification requirements are well-documented (including corrective action) and effective.
- Establish and maintain strong customer relationships within Southview and with direct ship OEMs and Tier Ones through positive and proactive communications. Respond appropriately to customer quality issues by implementing effective containment actions followed by data-based root cause problem solving and corrective actions.
- Monitor color and gloss to identify abnormal variation or data trends that would require color adjustments at the concentrate supplier or tool blasting to modify gloss at YF Southview.
- Verify dimensional compliance of parts through annual layouts and ongoing Statistical Process Controls to ensure parts meet customer dimensional requirements as defined in component drawings and CAD.
- Ensure parts with Special Characteristics identified have valid Gage R&R and dimensional capability studies that meet YF and Customer-specific requirements.
- Ensure any dimensional issues (out of spec / out of control / not capable) are addressed through appropriate corrective actions including customer and internal deviations, if required.
- Work with Process Engineers to understand RJG process controls and verify established alarm limits are appropriate to ensure defective parts are diverted and scrapped. Effectively balance the alpha risk (scrap) without accepting unnecessary beta risk (defective parts shipped to customer).
- Assist with identification and training of Quality Champions and operators performing critical quality verification activities (color evaluation, SPC, CC verification, etc.).
- Provide leadership in troubleshooting and problem analysis to address quality issues in a timely manner. Utilize proper problem-solving tools and data collection techniques to define and understand each issue. Ensure corrective actions are verified to be effective and all required documentation updates are completed before closing 8Ds. Document problem solving activities in the IQS database.
- Exercise proper judgement in establishment of boundary samples and making aesthetic quality decisions. Must effectively balance the capabilitie