Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Production Supervisor - 2nd Shift
The Production Supervisor is responsible for assuring that the assigned production department is operated in the most profitable and efficient basis through proper utilization of assigned staff, materials, equipment and space.
- Supervise production team members performing production operations. Must be thoroughly knowledgeable regarding the team member handbook, safety guidelines, all rules, programs and procedures that pertain to production team members.
- Responsible for orientation and on the job training of team members in the safe, efficient operation of equipment. Instill good housekeeping of their immediate work area in all employees so that the plant is ready for visitors at any time.
- Responsible for promoting a safe work environment and preventing injuries through the use of , but not limited to, 5S, job rotation, and ergonomic work practices
- Evaluate probationary team members based on attendance, performance, attitude, potential, etc. Recommend candidates for hire, promotion, demotion, transfer or release
- Responsible for maintaining staffing within the assigned department at authorized levels. Re-assigns team members to eliminate unfavorable labor variances
- Understand and positively impact key measures. Balance quality, productivity, safety, cost, and morale to achieve positive results in all areas
- Continuously analyze the assigned area of responsibility for improved methods of productions, tool design, communication, reporting, cost controls, and recommend improvements to manager
- Observe production operation within their area of control to ascertain compliance with methods, quality standards, safety regulations, production standards, and efficient operation of equipment. Take corrective action to eliminate deviation
- Consult with team members regarding on the job problems to include low production, poor quality, poor attendance, tardiness, etc. Document any and all problems and provide action plans to manager. Take corrective action to assure problems are resolved.
- With the Plant Manager and Manager, study operation where cost standards are not being met to determine causes and apply corrective action
- Track absenteeism and time keeping. Process all required forms in a timely manner for payroll and human resources (i.e., timecards, forms, etc.).
- Develop among the production team members a consciousness for the need for teamwork to attain departmental and plant objectives
- Support and carry out YFAI management philosophy and vision.
- Promote YFAI team signature and values through daily interaction with all assigned production team members
- Understand and promote YFAI Lean philosophy and methods
- Provide coaching and development to assigned production team members
- Attend safety, quality, and other meetings as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned