Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
The Production Scheduler determines which products to build and the machines or production lines that will produce them and plans the work schedule of production departments using work order information and available inventory quantities.
The scheduler must keep track of production numbers and anticipate problems that could affect the schedule to make the most efficient use of time and resources. Schedulers plan production start dates; beginning with the date materials are available for production or by working back from the customer due date. .
1. Receiving and processing EDI Demand releases from the customer and sending the demand to suppliers.
2. Determines what parts to produce and when.
3. Which products to build and the machines or production lines that will produce them.
4. Plans the work schedule of production departments using work order information and available inventory quantities.
5. Tracks production numbers and anticipates problems that could affect the schedule to make the most efficient use of time and resources.
6. Plans production start dates - beginning with the date materials are available for production; or, by working back from the customer due date.
7. Create the manufacturing schedule and monitor throughout the day to ensure on-time delivery of product to customers.
8. Uses Daily Build Schedule & other metrics throughout the month to meet plant efficiency and delivery goals.
9. Monitors the production schedule and makes changes when necessary, such as when resources do not arrive as planned or when equipment / tools fail.
10. Monitors inventory levels and also provides input to cycle counting activities.
11. Assures the accuracy of inventory quantities necessary for the creation of production schedules.
12. Maintain demand in MRP System - QAD MfgPro.
13. Process and analyze customer order data (830 & 862). Create the manufacturing schedule and monitor throughout the day to ensure on-time delivery of product to customers (aka - Master Production Plan). Daily build schedules will be used throughout the month to meet plant metric goals for efficiency and delivery.
14. Interface with accounting department to reconcile discrepancies.
15. Coordinate engineering change activity through ER/TECA coordinator.
16. Calculate and coordinate bank build activity to cover engineering changes.
17. Review Production status and drive corrective actions for schedule misses.
18. Resolve capacity constraints before supply is interrupted.
19. Responsible for customer obsolescence tracking and reporting.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent knowledge in Supply Chain Management, Accounting, or Engineering.
APICS Certification Preferred
3-5 years related manufacturing experience within a related Supply Chain role; automotive required; fast paced manufacturing environment
Leadership skills and ability to work successfully in a team environment
Must have good math skills and an understanding of manufacturing resource planning (MRP).
Excellent written and verbal communication skills; combined with strong presentation skills.