Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Product Engineer - Post Launch Engineer
United States - SC - Fountain Inn
As a Product Engineer – Post Launch you will be
responsible for providing Engineering support to products and programs
currently in production at NA manufacturing sites in region 3.
- Manage customer requests, address and support
warranty/quality issues within the plants, and lead cost reduction (value
- Manage regular manufacturing plant interface to
understand current production issues and how Engineering may lead or support.
- Work with external customers and internal business units
to assess requests for ongoing product changes. Determine how to most
effectively manage changes, either as a new product launch or as part of
ongoing launch support.
- Develop timelines to track and achieve Engineering
deliverables. Maintain timeline to track project status and ensure that
deliverable timing obligations are met. Seek guidance and support if necessary
to ensure schedule is maintained.
- Identify and address issue root cause using problem
solving skills such as KT and 5-Why analysis.
- Apply knowledge of plastic part design and
injection-molding to design concepts. Lead design team in developing 3D
CAD models and 2D drawings.
- Work with suppliers to acquire part data, samples and
quotes as necessary and own supplier relationship for engineering deliverables,
including drawings, CAD models and appropriate analysis.
- BSME and 4+ years experience in automotive interiors.
- Design and development expertise.
- Knowledge of plastic part design for injection molding.
- Knowledge of Injection Mold Tooling (gates, parting
lines, action, etc.) as it relates to part design.
- Plastic resin and materials selection knowledge as
related to interior components.
- Dimensional management and tolerancing experience.
Ability to develop component and sub-assembly GD&T tolerancing and
tolerance stack-up studies in support of manufacturing & craftsmanship
- Ability to communicate in a professional and respectful
manner in a team environment. Identify and address issues in a direct,
“data driven” manner.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Self motivated and enthusiastic.