Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Process Engineer in Development
United States - KY - Louisville-Jefferson
The eXcelerated Rotational Program is a two year training position that involves working primarily as a Plastic Process Technician while following a structured training program to become eligible to move into a Process Engineering role. The first eight weeks involves learning the various roles within the plants technical department (Operations, Tooling, Maintenance, Mold Change) followed up with a week tour of two other injection molding facilities and our Technical Center campus. The remaining time will be spent as a Plastic Technician on a shift while shadowing a Process Engineer.You will be assigned Projects and attend RJG training classes. The PED will take on a leadership role during the second year.
- Responsible for injection molding related continuous improvements (.e.g cycle times, scrap, quality, material cost reduction, regrind implementation, etc.).
- Works on floor completing technical daily injection molding processing duties.
- Support the Process Engineer in the development of process parameters and process improvements.
- Provide hands on support of injection molding processes and ensures compliance with set procedures and parameters of the injection molding process.
- Works with the Process Engineers to plan and modify process activities to support customer requirements.
- Implements new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and effect greater utilization of labor and materials.
- Responsible to ensure operations meet production goals.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering field
- Capable in root-cause troubleshooting and problem-solving.
- Desire to be hands-on.
- Strong work ethic with the desire to overcome challenges and obstacles that arise on a daily basis.
- Ability to work any shift.
Apply online now