Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
United States - MI - Monroe
The role of the Process Engineer drives activities of technical team to achieve continuous improvement of injection molding processes within the Monroe, MI facility. Works with production management production, quality control, and maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify process activities to support customer requirements. Implements new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and effect greater utilization of labor and materials. Responsible for participating in the development of new injection molding tools and processes that received by the plant. Receives hand-off from the launch TE and transfers teams and owns production processes.
- Responsible for injection molding related continuous improvement (e.g. cycle times, scrap, quality, material cost reduction, regrind implementation, etc.)
- Develops plans for injection molding process improvement and will have specific areas of accountability in its execution
- Provides support on new product launch tooling, providing the manufacturing input for development of new process and improvements to existing processes and tooling.
- Takes hand-off of tools/processes from launch team and ensure smooth execution in operations.
- Responsible for the group’s execution of assignments related to processing, materials and related equipment; including preventive maintenance, process improvements. Self-execution.
- Organizing and execute Red, Yellow, Green (RYG) testing for all the injection molding equipment within the facility as required by the Technical Manager.
- Responsible for the maintenance, monitoring and auditing of the Process Tool Books.
- Responsible for Weekly/Monthly/Yearly Cycle Time improvement goals, set by the Technical Manager.
- Responsible for Weekly/Monthly/Yearly process improvements goals, set by the Technical Manager, which include but not limited to (Process Timing, Part quality, Robot program.
- Responsible for promoting a safe work environment and preventing injuries through the use of, but not limited to, 5S, job rotation, and ergonomic work practices. Safety auditing, tracking of audit closure, participating in incident reviews along with writing or assisting in the 8D process and aiding in corrective action closure.
- Bachelor's Degree in Plastics Processing or Mechanical Engineering
- Three to Five years or more experience in injection molding processing required.
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt.
- Superior injection molding processing skills.
- Thorough understanding of scientific molding concepts (e.g. RJG Master Molder)
- Mechanical Aptitude for problem solving
- Experience with various injection molding technologies (e.g. mold behind, two shot, gas assist, insert molding, robot programming, etc.)
- Experience with injection molding processes.
- Ability to work in a team for continuous improvement efforts and problem solving.
- Time Management skills and ability prioritize.
- Basic Microsoft programs (Excel, Outlook and Word).