Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
United States - MI - Holland
As a Principal Designer you will be responsible launching new model programs from concept to production and leading the development of design solutions.
Support projects from Program Award through Start of Production.
Responsible, but not limited to, the creation and management of the required Toyota Drawings.
Responsible for packaging studies, providing style requirements and deciding structure of the part. Agreement with Toyota Engineer shall be acquired before 3D Data creation.
Negotiate with working level in related departments.
Attend weekly Design Reviews with ID2 Management.
Responsible for communicating technical information (tooling, feasibility, etc) from Tier 1 and Tier 2 suppliers as needed.
Provide information as requested regarding mass, cost and scheduling.
Convey/coordinate issues to off-site team in Holland.
Act as liaison between Toyota and off-site engineering team.
Work with Toyota to ensure all target dates are met.
Use PDCA approach to solving all problems and complete the course taught by TTC.
Plan-Make a detailed plan and schedule to countermeasure an open issue.
Do-Make a mock-up or perform some analysis to check effectiveness of C/M.
Check-Confirm whether the C/Ms were acceptable and/or effective. Gain agreement from all stakeholders.
Act-Adopt the C/M if all items were ok, make a new plan if results were NG.
*PDCA to be incorporated into Open Issues Matrix for all issues.
- BSME and/or 7+ years experience in automotive interiors.
- Instrument Panel and Cockpit design and development
- Prior experience leading a design team.
- Advanced UG/NX solid modeling, surfacing and drafting
skills and experience.
- Knowledge of plastic part design for injection molding.
- Knowledge of Injection Mold Tooling (gates, parting
lines, action, etc.) as it relates to part design.
- Plastic resin and materials selection knowledge as
related to Instrument Panels.
- Dimensional management and tolerancing experience. Ability to develop component and sub-assembly
GD&T tolerancing and tolerance stack-up studies in support of manufacturing
& craftsmanship goals.
- Ability to communicate in a professional and respectful
manner in a team environment. Identify
and address issues in a direct, “data driven” manner.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Self motivated and enthusiastic.