Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Plant Manufacturing Engineer
This guideline defines a Manufacturing Engineer job description that will develop and implement cost effective manufacturing methods and processes utilizing people, materials, equipment, and information systems.
- Performs process and material flow analysis.
- Develop manufacturing process techniques, and equipment to improve productivity.
- Maintains and improves Process Flow and Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA) documentation
- Partners with CI team to identify/execute process and material flow improvement opportunities via Kaizen events
- Specification, installation, and implementation of plant machinery, tooling, and equipment.
- Facilitate ergonomic improvements within facility.
- Project management of MIS, maintenance, and engineering projects ensuring commitment and deadlines are exceeded.
- Facilitate continuous improvements in 5-S within functional areas and entire facility.
- Provide engineering assistance in quality problem solving activities.
- Oversee equipment modifications and design.
- Perform project and plant management activities.
- Manage purchase burden accounts to meet or exceed monthly budgets.
- Assist facility in maintaining TS16949 and ISO14001 status.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- BSME in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Tooling and fixture design experience, manufacturing, experience, and automation or robotics experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, rations, and proportions, to practical situations.