Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
United States - TN - Chattanooga
Supervisory Capacity: Direct Reports: 6-10
- Plan, monitor, and authorize capital expenditures for the plant; aligning investments with company strategies. Ensure property accounting SSC is recording write-offs, retirements, asset valuations and CIP accounts accurately on the plant ledger by monitoring for potential idle assets, or for assets to be put into production use. Collaborate with program commercial controllers, managers, and engineers to align forecasted expectations. Assist in the application and reporting of capital grants. Lead fixed assets inventory verification events and request adjustments.
- Ensure that Inventory is accounted for in line with GAAP requirements and is aligned to cost accounting policies and fundamentals. Supervise and Audit Inventory verification events, and collaborate with Materials Supply Chain teams to accurately report and optimize any Cycle count adjustments on an ongoing basis.
- Lead the monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual Ledger closing activity for the Plant by actively participating in corporate financial events and reconciling assigned accounts. Ensure accruals and journal entries are accurate and have adequate back-up. Prepare trial balance reports and reconcile local ledger accounts to the corporate book of record.
- Prepare and evaluate variance analyses for Sales through EBIT accounts comparing actual results to budget and forecast commitments. Summarize and report details relating to business performance by Plant and Product Platform. Develop and communicate management reports for local and corporate management as required.
- Prepare, develop and review financial budgets and forecasts. Lead the financial budgeting assumptions for the plant, and review the profit plan with local management and the corporate Operations organization. Collaborate with cross-functional team members in Commercial, Procurement, Supply Chain and Engineering organizations to receive and confirm budgeting assumptions.
- Successfully pass statutory, SOX and internal audits by adhering to key controls and providing necessary evidences. Perform standardized approaches on an ongoing basis relating to month-end accounting checklists and Balance Sheet reviews in accordance with Controls expectations.