Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Mold Operations Manager
United States - SC - Fountain Inn
Responsible for the execution of the Injection Molding department performance to meet the cost, quality, delivery and safety as laid out in the most recent forecast. Responsible for hiring, developing and retaining people in their organization.
- Manage supervisors, team leads and production team members performing injection molding production operations.
- Must be thoroughly knowledgeable regarding the team member handbook, safety guidelines, all rules, programs and procedures that pertain to production team members.
- Responsible for orientation and on the job training of team members in the safe, efficient operation of equipment. Instill good housekeeping of their immediate work area in all employees so that the plant is ready for visitors at all times.
- Responsible for promoting a safe work environment and preventing injuries through the use of, but not limited to, 5S, job rotation, and ergonomic work practices.
- Recommend candidates for hire, promotion, demotion, transfer or release. Responsible for maintaining staffing within the assigned department at authorized levels.
- Re-assigns team members to eliminate unfavorable labor variances. Understand and positively impact key measure.
- Balance quality, productivity, safety, cost, and morale to achieve positive results in all areas.
- Continuously analyze the assigned area of responsibility for improved methods of production, tool design, communication, reporting, cost controls, and make recommendations to the manager for improvements.
- Observe production operation within their area of control to ascertain compliance with methods, quality standards, safety regulations, production standards, and efficient operation of equipment.
- Take corrective action to eliminate any deviation.
- Consults with team members regarding on the job problems to include low production, poor quality, poor attendance, tardiness, etc.
- Documents any and all problems and provides action plans to the plant manager to resolve issues. Take corrective action to assure problems are resolved.
- College degree, Technical degree or High School Diploma with appropriate Injection molding skills and knowledge.
- 10+ years’ experience in JIT "A" finish automotive injection molding to include knowledge in mold setting, mold processing, process engineering.
- Manufacturing engineer centered in molding with Managing experience is desired.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and analytical problem solving skills is a must. DOE and data driven studies experience and experience with large tonnage molding. 1000T+.
- Tooling experience would be a benefit.
- Mold process and maintenance experience is required.