Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
United States - MI - Highland Park
This role is responsible for supporting Manufacturing Execution Systems in a Just In Time manufacturing environment. In addition, the role includes daily system monitoring and production floor walks to verify the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of key jobs.
- Develop, modify or debug MES logic and related IT Applications to enhance equipment interface and operation of the MES.
- Creates, configures, and updates product workflows, bill of material (BOM), specifications, and data collections in MES for new product introductions or major and minor process changes.
- Diagnose and resolve causes of process and communication malfunctions on stations.
- Modify and create SQL queries and stored procedures to create reports and functions.
- Drive standardization across MES processes and systems throughout plant network.
- Develop and maintain accurate and up to date documentation about the system and process workflow
- Provide office and shop floor users with hardware and software technical support
- Aid in the management and execution of IT projects throughout our growing organization
- Supports manufacturing metrics (Safety, Engineering Change, OEE, Scrap, Waste).
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering/Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience with MES in manufacturing (JIT) environment
- Experience with Microsoft SQL
- Experience in a programming language such as VB.Net, C#, C++ is a plus
- Experience in Allen Bradley ControlLogix (PLC), communication interface, and ladder-logic development, programming, and debugging is a plus
- Strong verbal and written skills to communicate effectively both with users and internal project teams.
- Ability to work 2nd or 3rd shift