Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
The Materials Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of materials flow and maintaining control and accuracy over all goods inventories, including all transactions, planning, scheduling, cost, warehouse, receiving, and shipping to ensure that customer orders are fulfilled on time. Other responsibilities include:
- Tracks Key Measures and commitment to financial plan. Leads problems solving activities to determine root cause and permanent corrective actions for misses to plan.
- Applies the corrective action process when discrepancies/non-conformances are detected
- Responsible for applying the preventive action process when potential issues/risks are identified as well are assessing the importance/severity of the issues/risks and for initiating the preventive action for employees in the department
- Supports the development and execution of action plans to resolve resource capacity constraints.
- Tracks Monthly Obsolete accruals and dispositions of obsolete materials.
- Designs and develops systems and procedures to implement production scheduling, inventory controls and traffic which assures the availability of parts, materials and transportation for an uninterrupted flow of materials for production in accordance with “Just-in-time” delivery schedules, while maintaining minimum inventories
- Develops procedures and requirements for parts suppliers to improve timeliness of parts and materials delivery in to plant
- Oversees the maintenance of purchased materials and inventory to assure the availability of materials and parts required to fulfill the plants ongoing production needs
- Assists in the development procedures to handle engineering changes or model year changes for the plant, suppliers and customer to provide for orderly transition in the flow of materials and production.
- Drives actions that maintain a minimum inventory accuracy of 98%.
- Communicates with team through staff meetings and daily stand up
- Supports escalation of unresolved IT tickets.
- Ensures documents and data within the functional area; reviews, approves, distributes, maintains and files documents and data for which there is management authority; responsible for releasing external documents and for ensuring the obsolete external documents are excluded from use.
- Suggests improvements to BOS; identifies and documents the suggested improvements to any Level 1, 2, or 3 document and forwards the change proposal to the corresponding process leader
- Develops annual inventory budgets for the purpose of establishing acceptable inventory levels upon which performance can be measured and operating controls affected; provides guidance to plant personnel for the management of inventories at approved operating levels.
- Develops annual freight budget with assistance from logistics manager; establishes a plan upon which performance can be measured and operating controls affected; provides guidance to freight leads for improving freight costs and identifying opportunities for freight reductions.
- Utilizes and practices methods for continuous improvement: plans goals and individual development with supervisor; executes goals and development plans; keeps individual development record up to date.
- Establishes a training plan for new hires and new/transfer roles
- Identifies job openings, develops a job description and approves the job requisition; establishes performance goals and a development plan, conducting a six-month evaluation, and provides ongoing employee appraisals for new employees
- Completes salary planning during annual employee review process
- Notifies HR of any employee separation (where voluntary or involuntary)
- Identifies opportunities for Continuous Improvements, ensures that continuous improvement activities are planned, implemented, measured, reported, and reviewed in the respective area of responsibility
Corrects and improves actions in the respective area with regards to employee satisfaction
Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) or equivalent; or three to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
APICS certification preferred
Previous management experience preferred
Able to work in a rapidly changing environment
Accurate Document Control
Able to process time sensitive information and orders to meet deadlines
Ability to read, analyse, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to accurately communicate with internal/external customers, co-workers and management