Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
This position is
responsible for the overall materials function and coordinating the efforts of
Production Control, Shipping, Receiving and Inventory Control; to ensure an
orderly and cost effective system is developed and maintained which will enable
production and sales goals to be met while minimizing freight dollars and
inventory days on hand.
- Ensure on-time delivery of
- Optimize personnel, equipment,
freight and inventories;
- Acquire materials on-time;
- Anticipate and resolve problems
with short-term and permanent corrective action.
- Select, motivate, train and
ensure development of a competent department and material handling staff.
- Monitor and ensure departmental
personnel conform to company policies and procedures while maintaining a
safe and cost efficient environment at all time.
- Be familiar with and ethically
operate in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and governmental
procedures relative to purchasing and financial reporting activities.
- Establish, monitor and control
department budget that will effectively contribute to the overall
manufacturing objectives and plant / business unit and company goals.
- Employ techniques / methods for
effective problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Implement purchasing,
production scheduling, logistics and inventory control processes which
ensures the availability of materials for an uninterrupted flow of
production in accordance with delivery schedules, while maintaining
- Assist with the development of
inventory and freight budgets for the purpose of establishing acceptable
inventory levels and freight spend upon which performance can be measure
and operating controls affected.
- Manage the most economical
inbound / outbound transportation routes, looking for opportunities to
combine shipments, milk runs, and warehouse consolidation and
- Education Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) or equivalent in Supply Chain Management, Engineering or Finance.
- 5 to 10 years of applicable materials management experience;
- 5 to 7 years of formal leadership experience.
- APICS (American Production and Inventory Control Society) CPIM certification.
- Automotive or JIT broadcast environment experience.
- Applied lean manufacturing techniques including value stream mapping, leveling demand, kanban calculations and techniques.