Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
United States - MI - Monroe
Manager of Supply Chain Management is responsible for the overall materials
function and coordinating the efforts of Production Control, Shipping,
Receiving and Inventory Control; to ensure an orderly and cost effective system
is developed and maintained which will enable production and sales goals to be
met while minimizing freight dollars and inventory days on hand.
- Ensure on-time delivery of
- Optimize personnel, equipment,
freight and inventories;
- Acquire materials on-time;
- Anticipate and resolve problems
with short-term and permanent corrective action.
- Select, motivate, train and
ensure development of a competent department and material handling staff.
- Monitor and ensure departmental
personnel conform to company policies and procedures while maintaining a
safe and cost efficient environment at all time.
- Be familiar with and ethically
operate in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and governmental
procedures relative to purchasing and financial reporting activities.
- Establish, monitor and control
department budget that will effectively contribute to the overall
manufacturing objectives and plant / business unit and company goals.
- Employ techniques / methods for
effective problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Implement purchasing,
production scheduling, logistics and inventory control processes which
ensures the availability of materials for an uninterrupted flow of
production in accordance with delivery schedules, while maintaining
- Assist with the development of
inventory and freight budgets for the purpose of establishing acceptable
inventory levels and freight spend upon which performance can be measure
and operating controls affected.
- Manage the most economical
inbound / outbound transportation routes, looking for opportunities to
combine shipments, milk runs, and warehouse consolidation and
Education / Experience
- Education Bachelor's Degree
(B.A.) or equivalent in Supply Chain Management, Engineering or Finance;
- 5 to 10 years of applicable
materials management experience;
- 5 to 7 years of formal
- APICS (American Production and
Inventory Control Society) CPIM certification.
- Automotive or JIT broadcast
- Applied lean manufacturing
techniques including value stream mapping, leveling demand, kanban
calculations and techniques.
- Experience with supply chain
- Applied logistics routing
solutions including milk runs, consolidation, and running ratios.
- Trained in Six Sigma
- Experience with QAD / MFGPRO.
- Demonstrated knowledge of MRP /
- Demonstrated competency in
MSOffice Suite products.
- Above average communication
skills - oral, written and presentation skills.
- Superior organization, planning
and delegation skills.
- Superior process, analytical
and problem solving skills - apply / execute formal techniques (e.g.
- Superior leadership skills -
influence all facets of the organization, mentoring, coaching and