Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
This position is responsible for managing internal/external customer related activities including demand, production planning, inventory activities and shipping schedules with focus of ensuring acceptable customer rating performance.
- Demand maintenance, review and forecasting while maintaining optimal inventory levels
- Monitor customer and YFAI online systems, email and phone communication to identify shipping requirements on a daily and weekly basis, communication with customer on any issues which may affect schedule
- Responsible for customer shipping scheduling, customer systems maintenance, customer routing maintenance and system set up
- Maintains finished good inventory plan, follows escalation if levels drop below plan and issues no surprise communication as required.
- Communicate customer changes in demand.
- Data entry of all manual orders/releases
- Maintain YFAI systems to ensure all part numbers, customer ID and product data information flows through the system in an accurate and timely manner
- Participate in EC/CN meetings, participate and lead launch and obsolescence events
- Complete annual customer parameter reviews
- Support physical inventory prep and execution
- Ensure compliance to all BOS/SOX and internal plant procedures
- Sets example with team for best practices in product/customer knowledge and process efficiencies
- Perform and publish root cause analysis for key metrics not met and maintain customer scorecard
- Recognize the importance of change, introduce new ideas for others to act on and positively participate in change processes
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Complete weekly and quarterly capacity planning
- College Degree or equivalent experience
- APICS certification preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing environment
- Able to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Accurate Document Control
- Able to process time sensitive information and orders to meet deadlines
- Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to accurately communicate with internal/external customers, co-workers and management
- Working knowledge of MFG PRO/QAD, MS Office, Word, Excel, and email
- Knowledge of customer’s online communication systems
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Ability to completely all necessary tasks before end of shift
- Ability to lead others and ensure customer requirements are met
- Strong quantitative and analytic skills