Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Manufacturing Engineer I - Injection Molding
United States - SC - Fountain Inn
Drives activities of technical team to achieve continuous improvement of Manufacturing process processes. Works with production management production, quality control, and maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify process activities to support customer requirements. Implements new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and effect greater utilization of labor and materials.
- Makes recommendations for assigned manufacturing process improvements and will have specific areas of accountability in its execution
- Provides support on new product launch tooling, providing the manufacturing input for development of new process and improvements to existing processes and tooling.
- Takes hand-off of tools/processes from launch team and ensure smooth execution in operations.
- Completes work cell layout for all work stations for location and corporate requirements, as directed. Update as needed.
- Participates in lean initiatives and help identify manufacturing wastes within the production cell/line.
- Participates in process cell layout changes and help implement.
- Reviews, improves and submits for approval, work instructions related to your process improvements.
- Investigates operational problems affecting production and reporting and propose recommended solutions.
- Responsible for working with continuous improvement dept and production on daily improvement measures (e.g. cycle times, scrap, quality, material cost reduction, regrind implementation, etc.)
- Ensures that Level 1 and 2 PM’s are performed on machines within your area.
- Audits Maintenance PM’s to ensure the machines within your area are getting adequate preventative maintenance.
- Assists in OEE collection and drive OEE rates upward.
- Assists in gathering data for PC KPI’s
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department
- Bachelor's Degree in Plastics Processing or Mechanical Engineering and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Performs manufacturing engineering work requiring application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks.
- Understanding and application of more routine troubleshooting and problem solving techniques
- 0-2 Years minimum experience.