Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
United States - TN - Chattanooga
The Manufacturing Engineer position
develops and implements optimal, cost effective manufacturing processes and methods
in accordance with product specifications and quality standards; recommends and
implements improvements to production processes, methods and controls;
coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products.
1. Carries out process improvements, problem
resolution, project management and helps with employee training.
2. Improve manufacturing processes and methods
for cost-reduction, quality improvement and efficiency.
3. Prepares and presents plans for above and coordinates
4. Prioritize improvement plans based on customer
5. Performs research, design and development of
manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods and
6. Coordinates the manufacturing launch of
new/revised products including establishing goals, and evaluating results.
7. Participates in analysis of designs to
determine areas of improvement.
8. Maintains plant documentation for designated
product lines to include but not limited to PFMEA, Process Flow Diagrams and
9. Understand and implement Yanfeng BOS, BBP and
other manufacturing processes.
10. Establishes/maintains lineside racking in
11. Understanding of automation interfaces with
robotics, traceability, and vision systems that are used for manufacturing and
12. Attend and participate in SDT Meetings
working with Program and Launch Managers to go over open issues lists and
upcoming changes to assigned programs.
13. Prepares/maintains AutoCAD drawings for
current/future business and Continuous Improvement projects.
14. Leads equipment installation and relocation projects within the facility, including but not limited to air, power and floor
15. Lead plant efforts in standardize work
processes including facilitating ergonomic improvements.
16. Ability to work in a team environment and
mentor other engineers in the department.
17. Any and all other duties assigned by manager.
1. Bachelor of Science Engineering
(Mechanical, Industrial, or manufacturing) preferred; or equivalent combination
of work experience and education.
2. Minimum of 3 years’ experience in
an automotive environment preferred.
Apply online now