Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
United States - MI - Holland
This guideline defines a Manufacturing Engineer job
description that will develop and implement cost effective manufacturing
methods and processes utilizing people, materials, equipment, and information
- Performs process and material flow analysis.
manufacturing process techniques, and equipment to improve productivity.
- Maintains and improves Process Flow and Process Failure
Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA) documentation
- Partners with CI team to identify/execute process and
material flow improvement opportunities via Kaizen events
- Specification, installation, and implementation of plant
machinery, tooling, and equipment.
- Facilitate ergonomic improvements within facility.
- Project management of MIS, maintenance, and
engineering projects ensuring commitment and deadlines are exceeded.
- Facilitate continuous improvements in 5-S within
functional areas and entire facility.
- Provide engineering assistance in quality problem solving
- Oversee equipment modifications and design.
- Perform project and plant management activities.
- Manage purchase burden accounts to meet or exceed monthly
- Assist facility in maintaining TS16949 and ISO14001 status.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be
able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BSME in Industrial or Manufacturing
- Tooling and fixture design experience, manufacturing,
experience, and automation or robotics experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as
probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid
geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages,
rations, and proportions, to practical situations.