Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Manufacturing Engineer for our Grand Rapids Manufacturing Plant
As a Manufacturing Engineer you will be responsible for the following:
Performs process and material flow analysis. Develop manufacturing process techniques, and equipment to improve productivity.
Specification, installation, and implementation of plant machinery, tooling, and equipment.
Facilitate ergonomic improvements within facility.
Project management of MIS, maintenance, and engineering projects ensuring commitment and deadlines are exceeded.
Development and implementation of formal training and a development program for subordinates.
Facilitate continuous improvements in 5-S within functional areas and entire facility.
Provide engineering assistance in quality problem solving activities.
Oversee equipment modifications and design.
Perform project and plant management activities.
Manage purchase burden accounts to meet or exceed monthly budgets.
Assist facility in obtaining and maintaining QL and QS9000 status.
Manage the maintenance and improvements of all facility PCs, PLCs and all other MISs.
PLC mentoring to Industrial Engineer and Maintenance technicians.
- BSME in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Tooling and fixture design experience, manufacturing, experience, and automation or robotics experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, rations, and proportions, to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.