Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Canada - ON - Mississauga
Guides and directs the Quality Department to assure appropriate procedures are in place that will assure both internal and external customer quality expectations are achieved. Function as the primary point of contact for the Operation in responding to critical Customer issues, Quality Key Measure performances and other “Customer Specific “initiatives.
- Works with Engineering on advance quality planning on future programs and ensures that all special characteristics identified during product development are monitored using statistical techniques throughout the manufacturing process.
- Supervises and manages Quality Engineers and Quality Support Staff.
- Manages complete Quality Reporting system.
- Serves as the Management Representative for Quality/BOS. Manages the Layered Process audit process. Administers all Quality activities as defined in the BOS and TS16949 standards. Ensure that their plants successfully implement applicable World Class Quality Systems, and are certified / compliant with BOS, VDA 6.1, ISO/TS16949, etc. as appropriate.
- Manages supplier base for both purchased and components. Drive continuous improvement of post S.O.P. Supplier Development and Quality performance. This includes leading the MQR and corrective action processes for Supplier issues.
- Ensures that facility maintains calibration on all variable and attribute gauges.
- Interface with launch teams and support initiatives.
- Complete individual development plans for each member within the Quality Department.
- Establishes the criteria guideline for determining incoming inspection frequencies and ensuring that it is conducted.
Provides on-site customer support by checking GQTS on a daily basis (or by delegation to area specific QE). Track Non-Compliance OEM related, assist teams with problem solving, follow up and provide support on significant issues.
- Ensures that a final product audit is conducted to the necessary instructions, frequency and auditors.
- Development of Manufacturing Quality Engineer resource budgets and staffing needs, participate in the interview process and add resources as needed.
- Manages and promotes a safe work culture
- Other duties as required
within a technical field or equivalent.
Three years’ experience in Quality Management or supervision. Automotive Quality experience and knowledge
of TS16949 standards.