Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
United States - TN - Chattanooga
The Quality Manager develops, implements and manages quality control systems designed to ensure continuous production of parts/assemblies and applications
consistent with established standards and customer specifications. Responsible to provide leadership, training and guidance to plant Quality Engineers to ensure that quality assurance procedures are followed. Provides the plant with a central point of management for quality assurance activities that assist in
the implementation of the company’s goals and objectives. Management Representative for TS16949. Management Representative for the China Compulsory Certification Standards (Flammability Specification GB 8410, 2006. And Implementation Rules for Compulsory Certification of Products,
#CNCA-C11-09:2014). Plans, coordinates, and directs the quality assurance program designed to ensure continuous production of products consistent with established standards by performing the duties personally or through subordinates, as listed below.
- Identifies and implements necessary statistical
techniques as applicable.
- Initiates Management Quality Review (MQR).
- Notifies the supplier and the Supplier
Development Manager (SDM) of MQR.
- Conducts MQR1 through to closure or to a MQR 2.
- Conducts MQR 2 with input and support from Buyer
and/or the Business Unit (conducts all intercompany MQR activity).
- Ensures the Pre-Launch and Production Control
Plans and Measurement System Analysis (MSA) are completed.
- Ensures that preliminary capability studies are
done for product/process verification.
- Coordinates the submission timing and the
preparation of the Part Submission Package prior to Start Of Production (SOP).
- Coordinates submission timing, reviews/approves
the supplier control plans, and assigns a status to the Supplier Part
Submission Package for components prior to SOP.
- Ensures that each laboratory has a scope, and
where applicable, is accredited to ISO 17025 certification.
- Determines if the Measurement Systems Analysis
- Responsible for the calibration system and
ensures that all environmental conditions are suitable for inspections,
measurements and tests being conducted. This includes ensuring that the
calibration of IMTE is conducted by a qualified individual from a customer approved
in-house laboratory, a qualified/accredited commercial/independent laboratory,
or a customer recognized government agency. The handling, preservation and
storage of IMTE will be conducted in a manner that maintains accuracy and
fitness for use.
- Develop the audit criteria defining
instructions, frequency, auditors and ensuring non-conformances are properly
documented and closed per required timing for Product and Process audits.
- Ensures Appearance Masters and Samples are
created and controlled as necessary.
- Promotes quality awareness throughout the
manufacturing facility. Keeps plant personnel informed of quality related
- Prepares and represents the plant during all
customer related quality audits and surveys.
- Ensures compliance to all applicable customer
- Ensures compliance of all quality controlled
documentation, document change activities and record retention requirements.
- Leads and promotes effective problem
solving/corrective action activities for the facility.
- Reports out all required daily, weekly and
monthly quality metrics. Reports on the performance of the quality system to
management for review and as a basis for continuous improvement.
- Communicates information to corporate office,
sister plants, customers and suppliers.
- Ensures that the quality system is maintained in
accordance with the Business Operating System (BOS) standards.
- Directs workers engaged in inspection and
testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and
- Plans, promotes, and organizes training
activities related to product quality and reliability.
- Manages activities related to customer concerns,
including customer communication, quality performance tracking, containment
activities and corrective/preventive actions.
- Identifies job openings, develops a job
description and approves the job requisition. Establishes performance goals and
a development plan, conducting a six-month evaluation, and provides on-going
employee appraisals for new employees.
- Identifies opportunities for Continuous
Improvement, ensures that continuous improvement activities are planned,
implemented, measured, reported and reviewed in the respective area of
responsibility: a) Reviews employee performance and coaches employees on a
regular basis. b) Identifies performance or conduct issues, resolving the issue
internally with the Employee (where possible and appropriate), and initiates
the Employee corrective Action process (for internal resolution). c)
Communicates issues that cannot be resolved to Human Resources (HR). Other
duties on file at HR.
B.S. degree in Engineering, Quality or other relevant discipline.
Minimum of 7 years of quality related experience.
Two to four years in leadership role with direct reports.
Possession of recognized qualification in related field: ASQ certification – CQT, CQE, CQA, CRE, and/or CMQ/OE is a plus.Apply online now