Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Manager Purchasing & Logistics
United States - MI - Holland
As a Senior Manager,
Procurement you will be responsible for managing budgets, SG&A, department
financials and managing key cross functional projects supporting Several NA new projects are launching, logistics supplier sourcing for new line-haul transportations and shuttle delivery are pending.
You will also be responsible for the
- Manage the after math of the Mexico Go Live with QAD.
Verifying all the Mexico suppliers’ data, banking info for the data migration.
Need to prevent the invoice and payment process from failing which may impact
the daily logistics service.
- Working with the Mexico plants to figure out all the
budget POs value for each carriers, and helping them create purchase
requisitions, and then approve plus release POs to the suppliers. Still to
avoid daily operational service stop.
- Negotiating the spot rates of premium freight for urgent
transportation requirements, work closely with SCM to support the daily plant
- Driving corrective action with the logistics supplier on
- Dealing with freight bill discrepancy issues in TI’s
- Coordinating the Payment disputes.
- Driving ground transportation rate agreements rate
- Sourcing freight Logistics service provider
- Drive logistics program rate negotiation and contracting
- Freight rate negotiations for all modes – benchmarking
and global collaboration are two critical elements within this buying role.
- Deliver Best landed cost at sourcing for all purchased
goods and services
- Develop stable logistics service chain to insure the
daily operational running
- Review & optimize logistics service program with
- Support the organization in targeting, winning,
developing, launching and manufacturing profitable programs
- Contract management and carrier development
- Freight payment management
- Model management
- Carrier dispute resolution/claims management
- Fuel surcharge management
- 4 year degree in Purchasing, Supply Chain Management or
Business Administration with a Master Degree desired
- 8 Plus year of experience within the automotive or related
industry with management experience
- Supply Chain Management (SCM), operational and/or strategic
- Strong costing knowledge
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills